Session Booking Guide
Q// How do I book a session with you?
Find a spot on my schedule, and pay your deposit. Boom, booked.
Q// I think I see a date that might work. Can you hold it for me while I double check some things?
No. Your deposit will hold your date once you've scheduled your session. Dates aren't held without deposit.
Q// How do I prep for my session?
I will send you a Prep Guide that explains tips on location, vibe, hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc.
Q// What are the best times and days to shoot?
- For outdoor sessions, the best time to shoot is one or two hours before dusk. If the weather is overcast, the best time of day is anytime. Direct sunlight outdoors (read: anytime between 11am-4pm) is very bright and very harsh, causes not so cute under eye shadows and don't get me started on the sweat......it just makes for unflattering photos so trust your photographer when she tells you that early evening light is the better way to go.
- For in-home sessions however, we wont be in that harsh light so the brighter the better! The best time to shoot is during the day, between 11am-2pm when the sun is nice and high and hopefully lighting up your entire home or office for the best natural light images.
Q// Where will we be shooting?
- Los Angeles specific - the world is your oyster, or rather the state of California. Just be prepared to cover travel fees if your coveted shoot location is outside of the City of Los Angeles or more than one hour's travel time from Manhattan Beach.
- Atlanta-specific - outdoor shoots take place mainly ITP and in more 'urban'/industrial looking settings, east side and west side would be my ideal areas. If your branding calls for more nature, we can find an open field, go to arabia mountain, something cool and scenic, but we will not be venturing to your local park. Not even Piedmont. This is a no park zone. OTP locations will require a travel fee.
Q// What is your travel fee?
There is no travel fee for mini sessions or head shot sessions because only select locations that I will choose for you are available. For sessions an hour or more, travel fees are:
- Los Angeles specific - After 30 miles (and within the SoCal region) travel fee is $2 per mile (up to 2 hours of travel time)
- Atlanta specific - After 15 miles (and within the state of GA) travel fee is $2 per mile (up to 2 hours of travel time)
- Locations outside of SoCal and Georgia - require a custom travel fee
Q// If I want to go to a location for my session that requires a parking fee, admission ticket, boat ride, plane ticket, overnight stay, etc does your base rate include that?
No, out of the ordinary additional costs needed to fulfill your photography dreams are not included in my base rate. So for example, if you want me to meet you at ABC Botanical Gardens and the ticket fee is $20 you would be responsible for purchasing my ticket. If you want me to meet you anywhere where parking would be more than $5, you would be responsible for covering my parking. If you live in New York but you want to shoot in New Mexico, you would be responsible for covering my flight and hotel accommodations, etc. Additional costs are due prior to your session.
Q// Can we shoot at the Bradbury Building?
The Bradbury Building requires both permission and a $2,500 fee, so if that's in your budget, we sure can. Be sure to give them a call well in advance.
Q// I hate my *insert body part*.....
Stop right there. There's no body shaming allowed during my sessions. This is a time for you to show the world how bomb you are. You are amazing. They cant see that if you're worried about whatever it is that noone would notice had you not pointed it out. Worry will show all over your face, so don't. Love yourself, down a glass of champs, play up your most loved features and assets, get over it and lets w.e.r.k. :)
Q// What if I have to reschedule our session?
You may only reschedule your session one time non-weather related with the same deposit and must also be rescheduled within 2 months of the original date. And based on availability. Anything outside of those parameters will require a new deposit.
Q// What if you have to reschedule our session?
I don't often have to reschedule my clients, but in the rare case that I do, I will send you a link to reschedule your session. If you cannot find a new date and time that works for you, I will refund you.
Q// Do I get the copyrights to the images taken?
No. You will receive a Print Release (also stated in the contract) that allows you to use the photos for sharing, printing, and reproducing to your hearts desire. You just may not sell photos for profit. Also every time you post an image that I took, please credit me :)
Q// Can I have the .RAW, unedited images? Can I have all the images?
My base rate covers edited .JPGs only; I do not release .RAW images straight from my camera ever so please don't ask for those. If you would like to purchase un-edited .JPGs for personal use, they can be delivered in addition to the edited .JPGs for an additional fee of $50 per un-edited .JPG file.
Q// How many photos can I expect to receive after our session?
Theres no set number. A one-hour session can produce, 70-100 usable photos. A mini session, 30-50 etc. Those are just estimates, and your session could produce a whole lot more or a whole lot less, I do not guarantee a number. You will receive more than enough.
Q// How long will it take to receive our images?
2-4 weeks. If you need your gallery back in less than 2 weeks from the shoot date, that would be considered a rush order. Rush Orders can be purchased for an additional $100.
Q// Can I order a photo book or prints from you? Does it have to be within a certain time frame?
Yes, you can order a photo book or special prints anytime. More information on photo books and prints is here.
Q// Will you blog me?